Positive role models for your child
At Dee Why Kindergarten, we are committed to finding the most professional and capable carers and educators. Our centre offers your child an inclusive, multicultural environment with educators from around the world.
We recognise that caring for your child is a significant responsibility, and that’s why we ensure our carers and educators are well trained, patient, empathetic and caring.
Our amazing team
Over the years, we’ve built a reputation as one of the best childcare centres on the Northern Beaches, and our expert team are a big part of that.
Our teaching staff are:
- Experienced: Our team has years of experience in childcare, and some are also parents or grandparents themselves
- Checked: Every person employed by our centre has passed a Working With Children Check (PDF), as well as a comprehensive references check, to ensure they meet all the requirements outlined by child protection legislation
- Qualified: All our staff have childcare qualifications from early-childhood teaching degrees and diplomas to TAFE certificates. All our staff also have current first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis qualifications
- Consistent: You won’t find staff chopping and changing; we employ for the long term so that your child can build a strong bond and feel safe and supported every day
- Trained: We encourage our team to undertake regular training and personal development to ensure their skills are current and relevant
Meet Georgia | Director and Nominated Supervisor
Georgia Brizell-Tiller is a highly regarded and experienced director. She’s mum to Lerryn and little Toby and has an Early Childhood teaching degree as well as over 10 years experience in childcare.
Georgia works consistently to provide our centre with a strong and dedicated team of early childhood professionals and has developed strong relationships with both children and families. In her spare time, Georgia likes to spend time with family and enjoys walks especially with the pram when she is getting Toby to sleep!
Kerry Smith | Educational Director
Kerry started teaching in England and has been involved in Early Childhood for the past 30 years.
She brings to Dee Why Kindergarten vast experience in best practice education from schools, childcare, preschool and most importantly as a Mother the one job that has allowed her to have the same perspective as a parent. Parenthood combined with all her years of experience provides Kerry with the solid good judgement to assure our Educators and Carers support the best learning opportunities for each and every child.
Nicole Byford | Best Practice
Nicole is an Early Childhood Trained Teacher with many years of experience in the classroom as well as in management. She is also the mother of 2 lovely little ones! Nicole’s role is to ensure we are constantly reviewing and improving our practices.