Terms and Conditions
Legal information and notices
What follow is an outline of the Terms and Conditions from our enrolment booklet.
CONSENT TO EMERGENCY MEDICAL TREATMENT
In the event of an emergency, illness or accident concerning your child, parents hereby give permission to the Centre to seek on my behalf registered medical practioner, dental practioner, hospital and transportation of their child by an ambulance service and parents accept liability for medical, dental, hospital and ambulance expenses incurred.
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENTS COMPULSORY PRIORITY OF ACCESS
Parents understand that, where there are insufficient childcare places available to meet the needs of families, the Centre must apply the Federal Government?s Priority of Access Guidelines:
Children at risk of serious abuse or neglect
- A child of a single parent who satisfies or of two parents who both satisfy the work/ training study test under Section 14 of the Family Assistance Act
- The following children are given priority over any other child within each category:
? Children in Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander families
? Children in families which include a disabled person
? Children in families on lower incomes
? Children in families with a non-English speaking background
? Children in socially isolated families
? Children of single parents
This may result in a child who is a third priority being asked to relinquish a place for a higher priority child. Should this unlikely situation arise, the Centre will give fourteen days notice
Parents give permission for first aid to be applied using our First Aid kit by a staff member with First Aid qualifications.
Parents acknowledge that Dee Why Kindergarten is not authorised to administer any medication to my child unless written authorisation is provided by me. Parents further indemnify Dee Why Kindergarten from all responsibility in administering any medication. Parents understand that all medication must be in the original container, clearly labelled with child?s name and the dosage, and should be stored either in the fridge or in the medication container.
Parents give permission for my child to be given a dose of children?s paracetamol if: their temperature rises to 38? C or above; if they are in pain or discomfort; a parent cannot be contacted within 30 minutes. Should a dose of children?s paracetamol be administered to my child, I must arrange for my child to be collected from the Centre within an hour. I understand that children?s paracetamol will not be administered to any child under 6 months of age.
Parents give permission for sunscreen to be applied to my child (one year of age or older).
Parents understand that the Centre?s Policy document is available in the foyer for my perusal or loan, and I agree I will comply the Centre?s stated Policies and Procedures.
A fee of $150 must be paid to secure your child?s enrolment. This reserves a place for your child. This fee is forfeited if a booked place is cancelled before starting. Fees are payable fortnightly in advance.
- A late payment fee applies to accounts that fall into arrears ? a fee of 10% of the outstanding balance will be added to overdue childcare fees. Fees remain payable when a child is absent, including sickness, holidays and if a public holiday falls during the week.
- Child Care Benefit (CCB) is available for all families regardless of means and parents must register with the Family Assistance Office (FAO) on 136 150 when your child commences at the Centre. CCB can be deducted from your bill or received as a lump sum at the end of the financial year. You are responsible for complying with the FAO?s terms and conditions applicable to CCB.
- The Child Care Benefit scheme allows for 42 absences from the booked attendance days per financial year. CCB is not paid beyond this limit. CCB is payable for absences as a result of illness if supported with a medical certificate, for parents RDOs and other recognised reasons.
- Four weeks written notice is required to withdraw days or for termination of a booking. Fees remain payable whether or not your child attends during the four week notice period. CCB is only claimable up until your child?s last day of actual attendance.
- An after-hours fee is charged if your child in not collected until after closing time. A fee of $50 for the first 15 minutes or part thereof and then $2 per minute thereafter will be charged.
- A sibling discount applies to eligible families.
- Dee Why Kindergarten will seek costs relating to the recovery of unpaid or outstanding fees.
Parents must have read and agree to abide by the Centre?s fee policy. I understand that late payment of fees may result in my child?s place being suspended or terminated.
Parents agree to Dee Why Kindergarten photographing my child and using these photographs for the Centre?s promotional purposes.
In the event of a child being left at the Centre after closing time and / or a parent or primary carer being deemed by staff unfit* to collect my child or in an emergency, Parents authorise the persons listed on my enrolment form to be contacted to collect my child. Parents understand that in the event that parents and emergency contacts can?t be reached, the Department of Education and Community may be contacted to provide after-hours assistance in accordance with our policy.
(* Unfit to collect means: a person considered by staff to be affected by alcohol or drugs, mentally or physically ill, threatening or in fear of danger so as not to be able to provide reasonable safe care for a child.)
We abide by the National Privacy Principles contained with the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 as applies to the law of a participating jurisdiction for the purposes of the National Quality Framework. The information you provide will be used confidentially by staff. Part 6.2 Division1of the Education and Care Services National Regulations (NSW) lists the parties other than parents who may access Centre records e.g. an authorised officer from the Department of Education and Community. I authorise my child?s records to be viewed by an Authorised Officer as part of the Centre?s participation in the Assessment and Rating process.
Parents agree to abide by the policy that staff do not babysit for children currently enrolled at the Centre.
Parents agree to ensure that no hazardous items are brought to the Centre with my child and that I comply with the Centre?s safety policy.