‘Feeding’ is an important aspect of a day care going child. Especially, if you are a breastfeeding mother, you need to make sure to prepare the bottles and ascertain that you send your baby’s bottle to the day care. Here are some suggestions as hinted by the day care Dee Why, on preparing bottles for expressed breast milk as well as formula feed for the baby.
How to Prepare Expressed Breast Milk for your kid in Day Care?
Preparing Breast milk is more difficult to make ready than formula. Here’s how you should prepare –
- Allow the frozen milk to defrost at least before 12-24 hours before it reaches the Dee Why early childhood centre.
- Always keep the bottle clean and sterilised.
- Make sure to shake the bags, so that the creamy layer on the top of the milk mixes thoroughly.
- Pour the right amount of milk into each bottle and secure them in the milk storage bags.
- Seal the bottle, and refrigerate it until it is ready to go to the day care Dee Why.
- Take the bottles to the day care only in a bottle cooler.
Here are some tips:
- Never keep the frozen milk for more than 24 hours after defrosting.
- Also, the freshly extracted milk should not be retained in refrigerator for more than 24 hours.
- Always ensure that the staffs in day care are aware of how to handle, maintain and reheat the breast milk.
How to Prepare Formula Milk for your Kid in Day Care?
The day care workers are legally accountable for providing your baby with the appropriate feed. For this reason, most child care Dee Why, accept only pre prepared bottles or mixers. This way babies get fed with the correct formula. Here’s how you should prepare –
- Always keep the bottle sterile.
- Add the right amount of boiled water to each bottle.
- Add in the formula and shake it well.
- Cover the bottles and store it in a refrigerator until it is ready to be served to your kid.
- Always transport the bottle in a bottle cooler.
Preparing Formula at the Day care
If you are looking to prepare freshly prepared formula milk for your kid at the day care, follow these steps –
- Keep the bottle clean and sanitised.
- Add the right amount boiled water to each bottle.
- Tightly seal and store it in a refrigerator until it is ready to be used at the day care.
- Use a storage container that has sections and fill each section with the correct amount of formula.
- Send this formula and the bottle with boiled water to the day care.
General Bottle Tips
- Always store the breast milk or prepared formula in a refrigerator.
- Never reheat the milk. If the milk is not used, discard it immediately.
- Always tag all the baby items with your baby’s name to avoid any mix-ups.
- Thoroughly sanitise the bottles, bottle caps and nipples by boiling for 1 minute, after cleaning and rinsing.
Hopefully, this blog will help you prepare your kid’s bottle for the day care.